Simple yet delicious low fat cake.
- All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Banana - 1 (big, ripe, pureed)
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Canola oil / Sunflower oil - 5 tbs
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Chopped roasted walnuts - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 1/4 (or more if needed) luke warm
1. Preheat the oven to 350f and grease a round 9' tray.
2.Sieve the flour and baking powder thrice.
3.In a medium sized bowl mix the wet ingredients ie the banana, oil, vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup milk. Whisk to combine.
4.To this add the sieved mix , walnuts, sugar and combine thoroughly.
4. If the mix is too thick add more milk.
5. Transfer to the greased pan and bake for 40 mins or till the cake is done.
use very ripe bananas (the sad looking ones!!!)
if the bananas are not very ripe then increase the quantity of sugar