Simple and healthy Italian appetizer. These can be served as canape during dinner parties. Bruschetta is lightly toasted, crisp garlic bread with tomato and basil salad.
- French baguette - 1
- Garlic - 3
- Tomato - 5 (ripe, red)
- Basil - Handful (finely chopped)
- Oregano - 1/2 tsp dried
- Olive oil - 3 tbs plus some for brushing
- Chop the tomatoes finely, remove the seeds.
- In a bowl, mix together tomato, basil, oregano, olive oil, pepper and salt. Keep it aside and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the french baguettes diagonally (about .75 inches thick). Crush the garlic and rub it on the slices.
- Brush the Olive oil on the slices and bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 3 minutes or until lightly toasted and crisp.
- Serve hot topped with the tomato mix on top.
olives can also be added to the mix.
If you love garlic then heat the olive oil, add 1 or 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic and then mix it with the tomato mixture.
Sending it to let's cook speedy snack