I am not a big fan of soup but once in a while on a rainy day would love to sit back and enjoy tangy, creamy tomato soup with lots of pepper and chopped coriander.
- Tomato - 3
- Onion - 1
- Carrot - 1
- Garlic - 1 clove (optional)
- Milk - 1/4 cup or more depends
- Water - 1 - 1 1/2 cups
- Cornflour (optional)
- Pressure cook whole tomatoes, chopped onions,garlic (optional) and diced carrot in 11/2-2cups of water.
- Remove the skin from the tomato.
- Liquidize the cooked vegetables along with the water left in the cooker.
- Strain and the thick pureed mixture has to be warmed (cook in slow flame and stir).
- Add the salt and pepper.Cook for a minute or two.
- Remove from flame and add warm milk (how much to add depends on your taste)
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
In case your soup is too watery then add 1 tsp of corn flour dissolved in warm water before you add salt and pepper.
Warm the pureed mix and add milk just before serving.
Once you add milk if necessary warm it slightly but do not boil.
Fresh cream can be added instead of milk if you want a richer texture.
For extra flavor add a tsp of butter .
Can be served with fried bread pieces.
Can be made using microwave too.