After the shortbread cookies thought will try my all time favourite - rich , dark and melt in mouth chocolate cookies. I like my cookies to have a nice chocolate flavor, must be like biting into a crisp choco-truffle ;) (yup something like yummy pure magic). So to get that flavor I used dark chocolate.
- Nutralite or unsalted butter - 1/2 cup
- Flour - corn flour - 1/4 cup
- Chocolate shavings (dark) - 1 tbs
- Drinking chocolate - 2 tsp
- Cocoa powder - 1/2 tsp
- Powdered sugar - 1/3 cup
- Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sieve together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Melt butter and to it add the drinking chocolate powder and chocolate shavings.
- Mix well to make a smooth paste and to it slowly add the sieved flour.
- Make a nice soft dough (like a chapathi dough).
- Roll out on a clean surface (has to be little thicker than chapathi) cut to desired shape (use tumblers or cups with sharp rim)
- Transfer to greased baking trays and bake at 150C for 20 minutes.
- Donot overbake as cookies will crumble
- 1 tablespoon (tbs) is equal to 3 leveled teaspoons (tsp)
- I use nutralite for baking as I dont get good white butter and it also has less cholesterol ;)
- If possible buy cooking grade dark chocolates as they will give a better flavour and be cheaper
- If you dont hav dark chocolate substitute it with milk chocolate (1/2 tbs) and add 3/4 tsp of cocoa powder instead.