Hello!!! I am back from Chennai :) !!! Two weeks of non stop fun and now I am back in my kitchen.
When I reached Chennai there was no trace of laila (the storm that hit chennai jus few days before I reached) and I was really disappointed..
After about a week of scorching sun, rain came from nowhere and overnight the weather changed. Chennai is at its best during the rains (not talkin about the roads) . All you feel like doing is sit beside the window and watch the rain. And ya I love to munch ;) !!! Snacks like pakodas are reserved for such days:)
Love the crisp, hot onion pakodas. Here is the recipe....
- Gram flour 1 cup
- Rice flour 1/2 cup
- Onion 1 large (chopped fine, length wise)
- Green chilli 3 or 4 finely chopped (add more if u want it 2 be spicy)
- Ginger 1 piece finely chopped
- Oil 1 tbs plus for frying
- Curry leaves
- Baking soda (optional)
- Chop the onion into fine strips and add little salt, ginger, chilli, curry leaves and keep it aside.
- In a bowl mix gram flour, rice flour , salt and baking powder.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoon of oil to it make a coarse mixture.
- To this now add the onion sprinkle some water and knead to get a coarse mixture (donot add to much water, just sprinkle to make all the ingredients come together and form dumplings ).
- Deep fry in oil.
- Serve hot.