This post is dedicated to all who love Eden's fried baby corn :)!!!
- Baby corn - 6 to 7 (medium sized; cut to strips)
- Spring onion - 5 to 6 (stalk as well as the onion bulb finely chopped about half cup each)
- Garlic - 5 cloves (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 piece (finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 3 (finely chopped)
- Corn flour - 2/3 cup
- Gram flour - 1/4 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chat masala - 3/4 - 1 tsp
- Soya sauce (optional)- 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl mix cornflour, gram flour, baking powder, salt, soya sauce, ginger garlic paste and water to get a thin, smooth lump free batter.(consistency same as bhajji batter)
- Heat oil in a kadai, dip the baby corn in the batter and deep fry. Keep it aside.
- In a tawa heat 2 tsp oil, add the chopped ginger, garlic, chillies and saute.
- Add the chopped onions (use the spring onion bulbs for better flavour),cook for a minute.
- Add salt, saute.
- Add the fried baby corn, spring onions (stalk) and cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle chat masala, serve hot with ketchup.
- Chat masala adds flavour dont omit it